6th Annual Gumbo Cook-off and Zydeco Party was a hoot!
Saturday, Feb. 4, 2017
Midway Deli was Judge's Choice (3rd time!), Chance Morgan won Band Choice, Laurie Smith won Voter's Choice
The Gumbo Cookoff is a very special occasion to warm up together with music from the Zydeco Allstar Band and Gumbo as long as it lasts.
$15 at the door for Gumbo, the band, and refreshments.
Plus, anyone can vote with your dollar for the best gumbo with Zydeco in your bones.
Costumes are optional.
- We offer trophies and awards for :
- King Cake
- Bling Award
- Voter's Choice
- Chef's Choice
Gumbo Cookoff Details
The Gumbo Cookoff is a very special occasion to warm up together with music from the Zydeco Allstar Band, Gumbo, and King Cake as long as it lasts.
Free to enter the cook-off!
$10 to enjoy Zydeco Party, enjoy Gumbo and vote...and you can vote with your dollar, its how we pay the bills.
1. Anyone can volunteer to cook up a crockpot or heated catering set up.
2. PLEASE let us know you are coming. Register here. The link is the same for Gumbo Cookoff, Parade Registration, and Volunteers
3. Plan to arrive from 5 to set up. Doors open at 6. Zydeco 7pm til 9pm
4. Bring an extension cord, table cloth or settle for ours. Beads, lights, music, art, its up to you...
5. Prepare a sign with your Gumbo Krewe name, Gumbo Name,
6. Awards will be presented around 8:45 for presentation, King Cake, Voter's choice, Queen's Choice, Chef's Choice and King Cake.
Gumbo til its gone for $15 at the door, no fee to cook (it costs $ to make good Gumbo!)
Zydeco Allstar Band from 7- 9pm
All proceeds benefit Norman Mardi Gras Parade, and 10% cash over expenses shall be donated to Norman Animal Shelter.