*****ATTENDING THE PARADE IS FREE. REGISTRATION IS NOT TICKET SALES*****
The entry fee to roll in the parade is tiered.*
- Groups of friends or families $25
- Non-Profit organizations $50
- Businesses $100 - Also listed as a "Bead Sponsor"
* Exemptions include: Live music, animal krewes, royalty, gumbo cooks and other sponsors
* If you represent an organization/artist that wants to roll in the parade, but cannot budget the entry fee, please email us at email@example.com. We want to include EVERYONE! NMGP is working hard to raise enough money to support groups that may not have the funding for floats/beads/entry fees. PLEASE contact us!
Participants are encouraged to park off Comanche in the bank lots.
6 pm: Streets close, STREET PARTY at JONES and MAIN with DaGumboman, burgers, beignets, and coffee
CHECK IN @ The Depot, 200 S. Jones
to receive your line number and updates, get in place and ready to roll.
6:45: FINAL CALL for places!
7 pm: Parade STARTS. WE WILL ROLL IN Freezing rain or wind! The parade has never been cancelled.
7:45 pm: Parade ends, but bands and floats return to Main for STREET PARTY at Jones and Main Street until 8:45, streets remain closed.
8:45: AWARDS at Bison Witches
9 pm ~ After party at Bison Witches 211 E. Main St.
Parade Rules are simple:
********** SAFETY FIRST! ********** PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE! **********
*********************ROLL AT YOUR OWN RISK! ********************************
1. Be RESPECTFUL, NOT SCARY, FAMILY FRIENDLY, and responsible for your entire krewe.
2. Assign a Krewe Captain and a safe, decisive safety monitor at the front, hopefully with a banner or signage, and a safety monitor on on each side to maintain crowd distance.
3. Music and lights ARE REALLY REALLY ENCOURAGED, BUT MASKS ARE "REQUIRED" (jk) for ALL participants. Consider face paint...
4. Be on time to roll in line order by 6:30.
5. Please do not had out flyers of any kind whatsoever, but beads, toys, and candy are welcome. ** You may attach paper advertising to beads. We recommend 10 dozen beads per person, per lap. THEY GO FAST! Here are some places to buy beads: emardigrasbeads.com, mardigrasspot.com, mardigrasoutlet.com, or Party City in Norman.
** The reason that we cannot allow the distribution of any paper flyers not attached to beads, is that we have to clean the streets by hand after the parade. We have 5 people. That's it. Paper flyers blow away, and we could incur a fine from the City if they're not ALL cleaned up off the street. Clean-up requires man power, and we LOVE to have help with street clean-up after the parade. Hopefully, we'll find some great volunteers this year!
6. Wild animals are prohibited from rolling in the parade; only domestic pets are allowed to roll, e.g. Doggie Gras.
7. You just might get an award for your entry at 8:45 at Bison Witches, then stay for the after party at 9 pm !
REGISTRATION AFFIRMS THAT YOU UNDERSTAND YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE KREWE MARCH AND ROLL AT YOUR OWN RISK.
By registering, performing, volunteering, or participating in any way, you agree to release and discharge Norman Groovefest, NMG Board Members, City of Norman, and Norman Mardi Gras Parade from any claims resulting from injury, loss, or damage sustained as a result of the Norman Mardi Gras Parade event and/or your Krewe's participation in it.
Friend/Family Krewe - $25,
Non-profit Krewe $50,
Business Krewe $100,